Human Resources Manager
- Amazing team culture
- Excellent salary packaging
- An opportunity to showcase your ideas and make a change to the organisation
Join our team as we embark on a new phase of expansion in our organisation, and be an integral leader in this continued growth
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal Children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria . VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote , advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
VACCA's objectives include the preservation, strengthening and protection of the cultural and spiritual identity of Aboriginal children and to provide culturally appropriate and quality services , which are responsive to the needs of the Aboriginal community.
As a state wide community based Aboriginal organisation VACCA has extensive experience in the management and delivery of a range of community services programs to the Aboriginal community with a particular focus on services to vulnerable children families and community members.
An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic and experienced Human Resources Manager to join our expanding Not For Profit Organisation .
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, motivated individual to drive the HR Team and our state-wide child and family agency, so that work objectives are achieved & truly make a difference.
The successful candidate will be an engaging, positive, high energy individual with a great track record of success in your career to date. A pro-active individual that loves a challenge, and has the ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels. With a generalist HR background, preferably in the Community Services sector, It is likely the successful candidate's career to date will be in Senior HR Management , and have been a part of a high performance team . Post graduate qualifications will be mandatory - must be degree qualified.
Experience working within an Aboriginal Organisation would be highly advantageous however not a necessity but must be culturally aware with a sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values, and a demonstrated understanding and awareness of the specific issues facing Aboriginal children, young people and families is required.
- Manage Human Resources across all VACCA regions including :
- Management of HR / Recruitment & Payroll Team
- Manage Human Resources across VACCA including:
- Preparation of monthly EFT reports and quarterly Workforce report regarding recruitments, exits, absenteeism, etc, and the annual WGEA report.
- Provide specialist IR advice to managers and staff as appropriate.
- Oversee day to day Human Resource management of operational functions including payroll.
- Provide regular HR training to staff and managers across all sites.
- Coordinate the organisation's risk management processes related to Human Resources systems and management processes.
- Manage VACCA's Injury prevention and health and safety function across the organisation.
- To ensure all Human Resources services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner
- To manage and develop staff within the Human Resources Unit, and cultivate productive working relationships while valuing diversity.
- To work effectively as a member of VACCA's Corporate Leadership team and develop strong professional relationships with senior managers across VACCA.
- To ensure effective Human Resources policies, procedures, and systems are in place and that these are regularly reviewed in accordance with VACCA's philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Drive VACCA's Well Being policy and framework.
- Assist in the implementation of VACCA's Workforce Strategy in conjunction with other senior managers.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant legislation including Fair Work Act, Modern Award and OH&S Act.
- Other duties as directed.
Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in HR management, systems, processes and policies across a multi-site organisation will be expected in order to be successful in this role. A solid understanding of employee law and the interpretation of appropriate legislation is required. Your ability to remain positive and promote change in a positive light will be a personal attribute that you will bring to the role.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Experience as a senior manager in Human Resource Management, with experience in computerised payroll/HRMIS for medium size organisations and an excellent understanding of the Fair Work Act and OH&S legislation.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Human Resources Management or Business.
- Excellent skills in managing employee Investigations, IR and negotiations with Unions and other external parties
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values, and a demonstrated understanding and awareness of the specific issues facing Aboriginal children, young people and families.
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills.
- Highly developed organizational abilities, interpersonal and communication skills including the capacity to negotiate and work effectively with a range of individuals so that work objectives are achieved.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and supervise, lead and capacity build a small team of staff.
- Well developed management skills and the capacity to think analytically, and conceptionalise Human Resources policy and practice.
Closing Date: Monday 30 October 2017
For further information, and a full position description please email Liz Abdilla - Recruitment Manager at email@example.com
All employees of VACCA are required to hold a current Working with Children Check and will be asked to undergo a National Police Check.
APPLICANTS MUST ADDRESS THE KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
All applicants are required to submit a written application, including:
- A covering letter outlining why the applicant believes they would be suitable for this position.
- Detailed curriculum vitae that outlines educational and employment background, which must also include at least 3 referees.
- A detailed response to the Key Selection Criteria.
- Copies of any relevant certificates or qualifications. Do not send originals as VACCA will not take responsibility for any lost documents. However, it is recommended that originals be brought to your interview for VACCA to site.
If you have the skills and experience that could make a difference to our organisation, then no time like the present, send your application through .
This position is looking for an immediate start