Stronger Families and Restorations Senior Caseworker x2
Join our Team to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal Children and Families
- Full time- 2 positions
- $65,300 - 77,600
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
VACCA employs over 400 staff and delivers more than 50 programs across the state. We design, develop and deliver programs with self-determination and an understanding that the intergenerational trauma experienced by our community requires intergenerational and community healing.
The case worker will be required to provide holistic, culturally safe, trauma-informed and strengths-based casework support for Aboriginal families with complex needs who are referred to the program, including case planning, service coordination and direct services. This position will work jointly with the therapeutic specialist in delivering therapeutic service responses.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- A sound understanding of Aboriginal culture, values, protocols, inter-generational factors and complex kinship systems, as well as the issues facing vulnerable Aboriginal families that may impact on their capacity to ensure the safety and wellbeing of their children, and a demonstrated capacity to work in a culturally competent, sensitive and respectful manner.
- A clear understanding of child and adolescent development, trauma, attachment, child abuse and neglect, with good knowledge of the services and interventions that.
Application deadline is Monday 6th June
How to apply
- For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Ankita Das Gupta, Recruitment Advisor on 9287 8838
- For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here https://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply