Case Worker/Senior Caseworker- Kinship Care Program
- Full time position
- Location: Dandenong
- Salary : $57,402 to $70,287.40
The program aims to support the family members of Aboriginal children who are caring for their family's children and to ensure that the children's needs are being met. Where a child is placed with a non-Aboriginal family member, the aim is to assist the carer to provide a culturally safe, nurturing and healing home environment for the children and a culturally therapeutic approach to parenting. The child's Aboriginal identity, rights and connection to their family, land, and community are privileged.
As part of the Kinship Care team, the role of Senior Case Worker/Case Worker is to provide case management and case work services to children/young people residing within Kinship placements and their carers
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and the ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal children and their families.
- A sound understanding and awareness of Aboriginal communities and issues facing Aboriginal children and families today.
- Ability to engage and relate to children and families who are traumatised and have suffered loss and grief.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice experience in the child welfare field.
- Ability to provide case management services to clients and to undertake assessments of carers.
How to apply
To review the position description or to apply please visit To apply for this job go to: http://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4694861.
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai at (03) 9287 8835
Application deadline is Sunday, 02 June 2019
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply