Foster Care Caseworker
- Full time
- $60,000 - $65,000
The Extended Care Program provides a culturally safe service to support Aboriginal children and young people who are in out-of-home placements. The Program provides support to the families of the children and to carers. VACCA works towards reuniting children, wherever possible, with natural parents and extended families.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Ability to advocate for Aboriginal children and communicate in a clear, culturally appropriate and respectful way with a range of stakeholders including staff and external parties.
- Ability to identify the training and support needs of carers, particularly non-Aboriginal carers in terms of their cultural competence and connection to the Aboriginal community.
- Demonstrated Case management skills.
Application deadline is Wednesday 5 June 2019
How to apply
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai on 03 9287 8835
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here https://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply