Residential Care Case Worker
- Full- time position
- Traralgon, visit to other locations, including Preston, Metro region
- $65,325 to $68,754+ Salary packaging
The Residential Care Case Worker will engage with the children and young people to develop a nurturing, positive relationship and to assist each child to deal with their trauma based responses to life in a way that promotes healing, emotional growth and development of positive attitudes and life skills
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- A demonstrated ability to contribute to Aboriginal children's emotional, physical, psychological and cultural development including a proven ability to work with Aboriginal children with a range of complex and diverse needs.
- An ability to respond therapeutically to Aboriginal children's pain-based behaviours indicating an understanding of the impact of trauma and disrupted attachment on children.
- Ability to participate pro-actively and openly in the therapeutic team including the ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive, respectful manner
Qualification: should have a minimum qualification of at least a Diploma in Community Services or relevant Diploma level
How to apply
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai at 9287 8835
To find out more or to apply please visit: http://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4680443.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Application deadline is Sunday, June 30, 2019