Engaging Wyndham Families Worker
Join our Team to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal Children and Families
- Location- Werribee
- Part Time
- Salary- $59,000-$64,000
This position has been created as a response to additional funding to improve the access and usage to ChildFIRST and family services by Aboriginal people in the Melton area. The position will mostly be based in Western Melbourne
With the KESO (Koorie Engagement Support Officer) at Grange Primary School the worker is to engage Aboriginal families in ChildFIRST and family services.The worker is also required to do some community development work and set up community BBQ's in Western Melbourne/ Melton and in Brimbank Council areas.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Sound Knowledge and and understanding of Aboriginal history, culture, values, practices and culture
- A proven ability to advocate on behalf of children and families.
- An ability to work effectively with Aboriginal organizations, government departments and community service organizations
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and the ability to prepare reports.
A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- A willingness to participate in training programs and in supervision
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply