Team Leader - Kinship Care Program
- Full time position
- Preston Office
The program is a culturally relevant service which works to help the child maintain strong connection with their parents, siblings and extended family, where it is safe to do so. The program aims to assist the carer to provide a culturally safe, nurturing and healing home environment for the children, culturally therapeutic approach.
Looking for a leader to lead a team of caseworkers to achieve the program goal
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated experience and ability in the provision of a high standard of case management practice.
- Demonstrated supervision skills and ability to conduct staff appraisals.
- A demonstrated ability to mentor staff by providing them with relevant information, support, feedback about their work, and opportunities for professional development.
- A demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team as well as providing leadership to a team and capacity to allocate tasks.
- An ability to work effectively with Aboriginal organizations, government departments and community service organizations.
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Ankita Das Gupta on 927 8838.
How to apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, please visit www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies
Application deadline is Sunday 25 August, 2019
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply