Executive Manager- Child and Family Projects and Reforms
- Position: Full time position
- Location: Preston
- Salary: $95,000 to $125,000 (based on skill and experience)
This position will play a key role in ensuring social justice, self-determination and social inclusion principles underpin all aspects of projects and work identified by the organisation. The position has a strong focus on new and existing collaborations and related projects.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Highly developed leadership, management and team development skills
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Strong awareness of the needs of Aboriginal communities and contemporary issues facing Aboriginal children and families
- Demonstrated experience in the child, youth and family sectors, the provision of services to statutory clients or a related area, and a sophisticated understanding of current issues and awareness of future directions
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai on 927 8835.
How to apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, please visit www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies
Application deadline is Sunday, 25 August 2019
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply