Team Leader, Link-Up Victoria
- Full Time, Contract position
- Mary Street, Preston
- Salary: $83,238-$86,920
You will be responsible for overseeing client service delivery and the supervision and support of six staff.
As a Team Leader you are expected to contribute to the achievement of the VACCA's strategic vision particularly as it relates to the delivery of on the ground services to Stolen Generations. Specifically, the position will be responsible for ensuring that the program is able to respond to the needs of Link-Up Victoria clients and support staff in their casework functions.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- An understanding of and a strong commitment to social justice and delivery of quality healing outcomes for the Stolen Generations
- Extensive knowledge of casework philosophy, methods and practices
Please note: This is an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander designated position, classified under Section 12 Special Measures of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. This employment opportunity is only available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Application deadline is Sunday, 08 September 2019
How to apply
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai on 927 8835.
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, please visit www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply