- Full Time
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
You will be responsible to provide administrative and case support to the regional Lakidjeka Team Leader and Caseworkers.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- Demonstrated experience and ability when dealing with stakeholders and clients in a culturally sensitive manner
- Demonstrated experience and achievement in providing a wide range of administrative support in a complex and demanding work environment
- High-level computer skills in word processing, data entry and data retrieval
Applications deadline is Sunday 25, August 2019.
How to apply
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai, on 9287 8835
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, please visit www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply