Case Manager - Foster Care
- Location: Preston
- Full time
- Salary-67,286.44- $72,397.52
The Extended Care Program provides a culturally safe service to support Aboriginal children and young people who are living in foster care placements. The Program provides support to the families of the children and to carers. VACCA works towards reuniting children, wherever possible, with their parents and extended families.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with Aboriginal children, their families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose
- Ability to advocate for Aboriginal children and communicate in a clear, culturally appropriate and respectful way with a range of stakeholders including staff and external parties.
- Ability to identify the training and support needs of carers, particularly non-Aboriginal carers in terms of their cultural competence and connection to the Aboriginal community
- Demonstrated Case management skills.
- Excellent conceptual and writing skills, with the ability to write reports, including Incident Reports, Quarterly Reports and Court Reports.
- Strong computer skills.
Application Deadline- 27th October, 2019
For more information please contact Ankita Das Gupta, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 03 9287 8838,
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply