Team Leader Nugel
Join our Team to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal Children and Families
- Location: Preston
- Full time
- Salary- $91,378-$100,099.83 (Plus Super and Salary Packagining)
Key leadership role in working with Aboriginal children and families, Government and sector partners to reduce the over representation of Aboriginal children involved with Child Protection, strive for better outcomes for children and to build capacity in families so that children can remain at or be transitioned home.
The position will also actively contribute to the development of internal and state-wide policies, procedures and protocols relating to the Nugel program
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Sound knowledge and understanding of
- Aboriginal history, values, practices and culture
- Child development, attachment and trauma as they relate to Aboriginal children
- Demonstrated ability to use this knowledge to guide practice with Aboriginal children, families and carers
- Sound knowledge of the legislation, policy and practice requirements relating to Aboriginal children, families and communities
- Ability to supervise and support staff
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Willingness to embrace change and support staff in the change management process
- Demonstrated ability to undertake complex casework with children and families including using culturally safe therapeutic approaches to heal and build resilience
- Demonstrated ability to complete and review assessments (including risk assessments)
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and review plans for children and young people
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate
- Ability to monitor continuous quality improvement and report on compliance with standards
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job go to: http://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4914518.
Application Deadline- 24th Nov, 2019
For more information please contact Ankita Das Gupta, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 03 9287 8838
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria