Aboriginal Cradle to Kinder Program Caseworker x 3
- Position: Full Time
- Location: Werribee & Melton
- Salary: $59,123 - $69,046.64
We are looking for Caseworkers who will act as the key point of contact for the family, care team and related service network for each allocated case. In addition, you will play a lead role in the initial engagement, assessment and planning processes for each family.
You will be required to provide holistic, culturally safe, trauma-informed and strengths-based casework support for Aboriginal families with complex needs who are referred to the program, including case planning, service coordination and direct services
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
To be successful you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people.
- A sound understanding of Aboriginal culture, values, protocols, inter-generational factors and complex kinship systems, as well as the issues facing vulnerable Aboriginal people today.
- A clear understanding of child and adolescent development, trauma, attachment, child abuse and neglect, with good knowledge of the services and interventions that: promote child health, safety and wellbeing; strengthen parenting capacity; improve family functioning and address underlying risk factors for vulnerable families.
- A proven ability to work successfully with Aboriginal children, young people and their families with a range of complex and diverse needs.
- For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Ankita Das Gupta, Recruitment Advisor on 9287 8838
- For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here: https://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/ & enter ref code: 4953179
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply