Foster Care Recruitment, Training and Assessment Worker
Join our Team to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal Children and Families
- Position: Full time
- Location: Wangaratta
- Salary: $74,458.80
The Foster Care Recruitment and Support Worker role is responsible for the recruitment, assessment, training, retention and ongoing support of Foster Carers, within the Out of Home Care Program. This position requires an ability to work flexible hours.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- A sound knowledge and understanding of issues, policies, legislation and practices in relation to child and family welfare and in particular, children in out-of-home care.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- A strong ability to prepare reports with preferred experience and ability in written psycho-social assessments
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide clients/community members with a high quality, culturally appropriate service and referrals
- A demonstrated ability to mentor volunteers by providing them with relevant information, support, feedback about their care, and opportunities for professional development
- Facilitation skills for information sessions and training sessions
- Experience in the delivery of supervision to carers
Application deadline is Tuesday 17th December 2019
How to apply
- For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Ankita Das Gupta, Recruitment Advisor on 9287 8838
- For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here https://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/ & enter ref code: 4956464
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply