IFS Case Worker / Engaging Families Worker
- Full Time
- Melton Office
- $57,000 - $69,000
The Western VACCA team works with families to promote family wellbeing, participation in the broader community and access to relevant services. The team provides families with a range of options for culturally responsive support in times of need, with a focus on positive parenting and family interaction to promote children's development.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- Demonstrated understanding of historical and contemporary issues that affect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Australian society. Experience and ability to work with Aboriginal organisation and communities and a proven ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal people.
- A proven ability to advocate on behalf of children and families.
- A good understanding about trauma informed practice.
- An ability to work effectively with Aboriginal organizations, government departments and community service organisations.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and the ability to prepare reports.
- A thorough understanding of the issues relating to confidentiality and mandatory reporting provisions.
Application deadline is Sunday, 23rd February 2020
How to apply
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Ankita Das Gupta on 9287 8838
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, please visit www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply