Director Client Service - Southern Division
- Status: Full Time
- Salary Range: $135,000 to $165,000k
- Location: Dandenong
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
About this Opportunity
The Director Southern Division is part of VACCA's new structural arrangements which aims to further strengthen and enhance the quality of our client service delivery across all of VACCA's services. The Director Southern Division will provide high-level supervision, professional development and support to VACCA's Managers who report directly to the position. The position will have responsibility for all of VACCAs client services in the southern division except from state-wide programs. Reporting lines and responsibilities may change in line with organizational growth and priorities
The Director Southern Division position will support the Managers in achieving a high level of quality of services. Furthermore, the position will also have portfolio responsibility for family and Community Services across the agency and ensure quality service responses and consistency of approach. This position will have a strong advocacy role for vulnerable Aboriginal children and will be expected to participate in senior forums especially in the south.
The position has direct responsibility for the following units:
- Family Services which includes Integrated Family Services, Playgroup, Aboriginal Family Decision Making, Intensive family Services including Stronger families, Cradle to Kinder program, Aboriginal Family Preservation and Restoration, as well as, Child FIRST, Family Mental Health Program and Youth Leadership Program
- Family violence services including a women and children's crisis centre, therapeutic, outreach and case management services to those who have experienced violence as well as supporting men who have used violence.
- Out of Home Care which includes Foster Care, Kinship Care, Residential Care, Cultural Support Program Permanent Care, Adolescent Community Placement, Leaving Care and Koori Cultural Placement and Support Program,
- Community cultural strengthening programs as well as Koorie Connect a case referral service
Application closes February 23, 2020
How to apply
For further information, please contact Bavi Rai on 9287 8835
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here https://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/
Application should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and resume
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply