- Position: Full time
- Location: Preston
- Salary: $100,000 to $125,000 (based on skill and experience)
This position will be the focal point within VACCA to promote and encourage best practice within client services, based on the knowledge and wisdom accumulated over our extensive work with Aboriginal children and their families.
You will be responsible to lead the development of practice standards, lead client services staff in reflective practice sessions and identify lessons learnt in order to advise the VACCA Leadership Group in relation to setting priorities for service planning and development
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Highly developed understanding of the theories relating to complex trauma as a consequence of abuse and neglect, of the issues involved in trans-generational trauma and the ability to translate these into practice in an Aboriginal organization
- Significant experience working across Child and Family Welfare Services and the Aboriginal sector
- Experience and ability to provide practice leadership across a range of social service programs with a focus on vulnerable Aboriginal children, families and adults
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively with proven capacity to negotiate and liaise with DHS particularly child protection, Aboriginal services, and other mainstream agencies
Desirable tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is preferred
Applications close 23 February , 2020
How to apply
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai on 9287 8835.
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, please visit http://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 5022284
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.