Support Case Worker- Targeted Care Packages
The Support Case Worker provides Culturally respectful support to clients and/ or carers by supporting them in tasks such as transport, attending appointments, participating in educational, therapeutic, Cultural or leisure activities. These activities are undertaken within the framework of the client's case plan and funding allocated in their Targeted Care Package (TCP).
The Support Case Worker will liaise closely with the client's Key Worker (Case Manager) and the Team Leader in planning and delivering the support activities for the client.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal Culture and Values.
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner, with young people, their families and communities, to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained.
- Some experience working with young people who have complex needs and behaviours and the ability to engage with young people with varying interests and abilities.
- A growing understanding of the Child Protection and out of home care system and the issues faced by children and young people in care/ leaving care.
- Excellent time management skills, communication skills, reliability, accountability and commitment to high quality client service.
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose.
How to apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Ankita Das Gupta, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 9287 8838
Application Deadline-Sunday 23rd February 2020
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply