Case Manager Family Services
- Chirnside Park
- Full time
- $60,392.28 - $74,458.80
- This role is to provide a family support service to Aboriginal children and families residing in the Melbourne Eastern Metropolitan Region, involving:
- Home visits to children and families
- Parenting advice and support
- Referrals and advocacy in relation to housing, income security etc.
- Linking families with other services as required
- To support families to identify goals, develop plans with families to address and meet their needs, monitor and review care plans to support families to achieve goals.
- To provide guidance, support, education and counselling for families regarding issues such as child development, behaviour management, routines, parenting and financial and household management.
- To develop and maintain linkages with appropriate Aboriginal agencies, government agencies and community service organizations.
- To work effectively with all Early Intervention & Family Support Programs and other programs within VACCA
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with individuals, families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained.
- Experience and knowledge in caseworker/case management skills
- High level of problem-solving skills in relation to complex cases and issues.
- Ability to engage and work with families on agreed goals and tasks using a strengths-based approach.
- Proficiency with an MS Office and intranet-based information.
- Excellent time management skills, communication skills and commitment to high quality client service.
Application deadline is February 27, 2020
How to apply
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai on 9287 8835
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, please visit www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply